Applications close: 5pm 20 September 2019
The Greater Sydney Sports Facility Fund has been established by the NSW Government to create spaces and places that enable communities to participate in sport at all levels.
The fund will invest in new and existing facilities to improve the quality and quantity of sports infrastructure across Greater Sydney.
About the program
The main objective of the Greater Sydney Sports Facility Fund is to ensure funding is allocated to those sporting facilities that deliver the best outcomes for the communities they support.
The aim is to ensure that the right investments in community sport facilities are made and that the best value possible is achieved.
The overall program objectives are to:
- Increase the number and type of sport facilities
- Improve the standard of existing sport facilities
- Increase participation in sport.
The equitable provision of, and access to, high quality female friendly sport and active recreation facilities is critical to supporting and growing participation opportunities for women and girls.
The Fund in 2019 will prioritise investment in the provision of sport facilities that support women and girls.
An allocation of $100 million is available over three years for sport facility projects. There will approximately be $33 million available per year.
Funding for individual projects:
- The Greater Sydney Sports Facility Fund will provide grants between $500,000 and $5 million for sport facility projects.
- For projects worth more than $1 million a 25 percent financial co-contribution of the grant amount requested will be required.
2018 grant recipients
Successful projects: 15
Total investment: $33.4 million