Applications open: 5 September 2018
Applications close: 5pm, 5 October 2018
About the Program
The primary focus of the Surf Club Facility Program is to assist with the funding for the development of local surf lifesaving clubs.
The aim of this program is to increase the availability, standard and quality of surf lifesaving clubs in NSW for the benefit of their members and the wider community.
The Surf Club Facility Program assists surf clubs throughout NSW to develop their facilities to increase the usage, safety and/or participant numbers in Surf Life Saving and at Surf Life Saving facilities by the general public and/or club members.
Grants are available from $30,000 to $350,000
Note: A funding cap of $500,000 applies to an individual Surf Life Saving Club for programs. The funding cap is over the lifespan of the program, commencing 2017/18 onwards.
Organisations may only receive State Government funding once for the same project or same component of a project from this program or any other State Government funded grant program.
Organisations must contribute 25% or more to the project. This can include voluntary labour which should be substantiated with written quotes, donated materials and/or equipment or other resources. Administration costs are to be covered by the applicant and should not be included in the project budget. Funding should be expended within 18 months of the date of signing the funding agreement.
Who is eligible to apply
- Surf Life Saving Clubs in NSW
- SLSNSW Branches are able to apply for surf club related works e.g. storage sheds for emergency equipment. However, they will only be considered if all applications from surf clubs in the round receive funding.
Who is ineligble to apply
Applicants that are not affiliated with Surf Life Saving NSW (SLSNSW)
What will not be funded?
- Projects that have little or no public benefit
- Projects that are not used primarily for surf lifesaving activities
- Projects that have been commenced or completed at time of application
- Projects that involve the development of private or commercial ventures
- Projects that will not be completed within 18 months of accepting the grant
- Purchase of land
- General annual maintenance e.g. painting
- Equipment including computers, printers, office machinery, surf boards, stop watches, sails on boats, flagpoles, etc.
- Requests for grants of more than $350,000 or less than $30,000
- Requests for more than 75% of the total project cost
- Applications that have not verified that all other funds are available for the project
- Applications that do not have the land owner’s consent
- Requests for feasibility, design or development stages of a project
- Projects that are in the planning phase and yet to receive development consent from Council (i.e. if a DA is required, council determination must be made at the time the grant application is submitted)
- Projects not based in NSW
Applications for the Surf Club Facility Program close at 5pm, Friday 5 October 2018.