The Combat Sports Authority (the Authority) has conducted a review of the Combat Sports Act 2013 (the Act). The review considered:
- recommendations made by the Deputy State Coroner arising from the inquest into the death of professional boxer David Browne
- provisions of the Act that may be causing unnecessary regulatory burden.
A copy of the Authority’s Review of the Combat Sports Act 2013 report, the NSW Government’s response to the report and a message from the Chairperson of the Combat Sports Authority is below:
- Combat Sports Authority Review of the Combat Sports Act 2013
- Attachment A: Combat Sports Act 2013 review - Consultation Paper
- Attachment B: Public Consultation Forums - Final Report
- Attachment C: Public Consultation Forums - Supplementary Report
- Attachment D: Summary of responses to the Coroner’s recommendations arising from the Inquest into the death of David Browne
- Attachment E: Proposed Targeted Industry Consultation 2018-19
- NSW Government Response to the Review of the Combat Sports Act 2013
- Message from the Chairperson of the Combat Sports Authority
New Laws – Changes to the regulation of combat sports in NSW
Where can I get more information?
Industry Education and Consultation Sessions
The Combat Sports Authority of NSW (the Authority) will conduct several industry education sessions throughout 2019-20 that will focus on key aspects of the combat sports legislation.
Phase 2 of the consultation sessions is currently underway and focuses on key strategic issues including:
- The definition of combat sport and combat sport contests
- Exclusion provisions
- The functions of approved amateur bodies.
Your views on these issues are important. Attending one of the sessions and providing your opinions will greatly assist the review.
If you wish to attend one of the sessions, contact the Combat Sports Authority on 13 13 02.