The Sydney International Shooting Centre makes available long-term secure and safe storage of firearms on a monthly or annual hire basis. Shooters can now ensure that their firearms are secured in a facility that meets the rules on safe storage of firearms.
General rules of firearms storage
Category A and B firearms
- Must be locked in a container made of hardwood or steel which is not easily penetrable
- If the container weighs less than 150kg when empty, it must be fixed to the wall or floor in order to prevent its easy removal
- Locks on the container must be made of solid metal.
Category C, D and H firearms
- Must be locked in a steel safe that is bolted to a permanent structure
- The safe should be no less than 6mm thick and be constructed with welding on all external edges
- The safe needs to be fitted with a six-lever, key pick resistant deadbolt locking mechanism.
Ammunition must be locked in a separate locked container that may be part of the main container.
For more information contact 13 13 02.