Please read the following requirements carefully prior to your Firearm Safety Qualification (Long-arms) Course.
Program: References in this form to “the Program” are references to the Firearm Safety Qualification (Long-arms) Course Confirmation
Registration and full payment are required to confirm your place and must be received prior to the Program commencement. You will receive an email confirmation.
Bookings that fail to comply with participation requirements and conditions on arrival will forfeit the full booking fee.
You may transfer to another scheduled Firearm Safety Qualification (Long-arms) Course with more than 5 days notice at no additional fee. Only two transfers are permitted per person; any additional transfers will result in forfeiting your fees and full payment will be required to book into another session. Transfers within 5 days of the Program incur a $25 administration fee.
Alternatively, a substitute may attend in your place. In extenuating circumstances or if the cancelled booking has been filled by another participant, the Sydney International Shooting Centre Manager, may in his/her sole discretion, agree to reduce or waive the cancellation fee.
In addition to these Financial Terms and Conditions, the Client, including all persons under the Client's control, agrees to abide by the General Terms and Conditions located at: https://shootingcentre.nsw.gov.au/rangerules
By proceeding with this Booking, the Client and all persons under the Client's control agrees that they have read, understood and accepted both these Financial Terms and Conditions and the General Terms and Conditions.
All refunds are subject to an administration fee of $25. The remaining balance will be refunded by cheque or credit card reversal.
Refunds will not be given for partial or no attendance, nor will make up lessons be provided. Please ensure you arrive on time to your scheduled program to avoid forfeiting your fee.
The Sydney International Shooting Centre reserves the right to cancel a Program/s. Every effort will be made to give reasonable notice to those who have enrolled when a Program is cancelled. Those enrolled will be given a full refund.
Cancellations must be made with no less than two business days’ notice to be eligible for a refund. Cancellations must be received in writing (email email@example.com).
Note: Prices and other program details quoted on this site are current as at the date of publication (errors and omissions excepted). Prices may vary without notice. Sydney International Shooting Centre reserves the right to cancel or alter its programs without notice. Every effort will be made to give notice or find alternative programs for customers who have booked and paid. Please contact us on (02) 8782 0100 if you have any questions.
Legal requirements and identification
If you are unable to meet any of these requirements, you will NOT be permitted to partake in the program on the day and you will forfeit your full fee.
- Only persons 12 years of age or older are able to participate in the Firearm Safety Qualification (Long-arms) Course.
- You MUST complete and meet all requirements of the NSW Police P650 declaration on arrival.
- Pursuant to the Firearms Regulation 2006, you MUST bring the original proof of ID document, and it must be an acceptable form of photo ID (e.g. passport) to support your P650 declaration. The photo ID must be the same type as what is on your P650 declaration.
- All minors (persons aged between 12-17 inclusive) MUST be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian (as deemed by the court). The P650 Declaration must be completed by the minor and signed by the minor (Sections A, B & D). The minor's parent or legal guardian MUST sign the NSW Police P650 declaration (and thus consent to the minor possessing or using a firearm; Section C). The minor's parent or legal guardian MUST bring an acceptable form of photo ID (e.g. passport) along with:
- the minor's birth certificate OR passport
- AND the minor's current medicare card.
- If you are from overseas, you MUST bring your passport. No other identification, with a photo or not, can be accepted.
- Range Officer’s decision is final. No refund and no transfers can be provided.
- If you have not met the legal requirements (above) before the start time of the Firearm Safety Qualification (Long-arms) Course, you will not be permitted to participate.
Dress and behavioural codes
- Alcohol is prohibited. Additionally, please do NOT consume prohibited drugs or medication that will impede your judgement before shooting. Participants will NOT be allowed to shoot if they are under the influence of alcohol, prohibited drugs or medication that impedes judgement. Alcohol/drugs/medication and shooting don't mix!
- Secure footwear MUST be worn (no bare feet, thongs or sandals allowed).
- Due to safety reasons low cut apparel must NOT be worn.
You agree to/for your child/ward to attend the Centre/program and to undertake all activities and/or to participate in the Program. In the case of an emergency, you authorise Office of Sport staff, where it is impracticable to communicate with you, to arrange for you/your child/ward to receive such medical or surgical treatment as may be deemed necessary. You also undertake to pay or reimburse costs which may be incurred for medical attention, ambulance transport and medication for you/your child/ward incurred while participating in activities, or attending the Centre/enrolled in the program.
You understand that although the Office of Sport and its service providers attempt to minimise any risk of personal injury within practical boundaries, accidents do happen and all physical activities carry the risk of personal injury. You acknowledge that there is an inherent risk of personal injury in physical activities that will be undertaken at the Centre as part of the Program and you accept that risk.
You release and indemnify the Office of Sport, the Minister for Sport and the New South Wales Government and its/their officers, servants, agents and service providers from and against all actions, suits, claims, demands, proceedings, losses, damages, compensation, costs, charges and any expenses whatsoever arising directly or indirectly out of any personal injury and/or loss of any description whatsoever and howsoever caused which I or my child/ward may suffer or sustain in the course of or consequent upon my or my child’s/ward’s participation in any activity at the Centre.