Condition A10 Special Events of the MP06_0232 Approval requires that for all Special Events a Special Event Management Plan is submitted to Planning for the approval of the Secretary.
A Special Event is determined to be an event that may result in the variation of Condition A6, Condition A7 and /or Condition A8 of the Approval, in so far as they relate to that event, with respect to the days or hours of use or an event that occurs on a public holiday.
- Up to three Special events can be staged at the shooting complex each year. Special Events may be held on public holidays.
- At least 60 days prior to the commencement of any Special Event, a Special Event Management Plan must be prepared and submitted to the satisfaction of the Secretary. Unless otherwise agreed to by the Secretary in writing, the Management Plan must:
- include evidence of community notification
- justify any variation to the conditions of this approval
- include a Traffic Management Plan endorsed by Council
- include details of the events schedule, number of competitors and complaints management
- any additional mitigation or management measures required to address noise, traffic or other environmental impacts.
- A Special Event Management Plan must be finalized and approved prior to the commencement of the event to which it relates.
- At least one week prior to the commencement of any Special Event, the proponent must notify the community view a notice published in the local newspaper outlining the days and hours of the event, where the Special Event Management Plan can be viewed and how complaints can be made through the methods outlined in Condition E6.
- A copy of any approved Special Event Management Plan must be placed on the proponents’ website prior to the commencement of the event.
Planned Special Events
7-14 September 2019 – World Association 1500 – World Championships
World Association 1500 (WA 1500) World Championships to be held at the SHRSC from 7-14 September 2019. The WA 1500 World Championships was bid for to the World Association in 2017. In 2018 it was awarded by the World Association to Australia and then by Pistol Australia to NSW at the SHRSC. This was won over a bid to hold it in Victoria at Yarra Pistol Club.
Although expected competitor numbers are small (100-150 competitors), this is a very prestigious event for the NSW Amateur Pistol Association (NSWAPA) to host as opportunities like this only occur around every 10-15 years as they are shared around the affiliated countries and their area/states.
- WA1500 special event management plan
- WA 1500 website
- WA 1500 World Championships traffic management plan