Royal Life Saving NSW now coordinates and delivers the Swim and Survive program throughout regional NSW.
For many years the Office of Sport has partnered with Royal Life Saving NSW (RLSNSW) to deliver the Swim and Survive program throughout regional NSW.
To continue to support regional and remote communities, and improve the delivery of the program, RLSNSW will be taking over the continuation of the program commencing 2019/2020 season.
What does this mean for your community?
- The seasonal Swim and Survive program will now be coordinated by RLSNSW including the participant registration and allocation of local swim teachers
- The structure, dates, and affordability of the current program will remain unchanged during the transition phase
- RLSNSW will be responsible for site audits, including a commitment to invest in equipment and signage at all regional sites
- The Office of Sport will continue to collaborate with RLSNSW, including a more intense strategic focus on supporting at-risk groups
- Employment conditions including qualifications and training standards for casual instructors will remain unchanged during the transition phase.
Do I need to do anything?
To continue to receive information on Swim and Survive and how Royal Life Saving NSW can support your community, please subscribe to Royal Life Saving NSW communications.
If you have any questions regarding the transition of the Swim and Survive program to RLSNSW please contact the Office of Sport on 13 13 02 or email email@example.com