In conjunction with the Your Local Club Academy Games, the Office of Sport hosted a workshop for parents of pre-elite athletes, providing practical tips for supporting athletes during their sporting journey.
The presentation by Dr Juanita Weissensteiner provides an outline of the FTEM (Foundation, Talent, Elite, Mastery) model and explains the role of parents and support networks in providing a positive environment for their athletes.
Tips for parents of pre-elite athletes workshop
FTEM, is representative of the ‘whole of sport’ pathway which includes active lifestyle activities, recreational and high performance sport.
- Top 10 Tips for Parents - AIS
- Tips for Parents Podcasts - AIS
- Athlete Pathways and Development - Clearinghouse for Sport
- IOC Consensus statement on Youth Athlete Development
- Brainwaves - AIS
- Sports Nutrition - AIS
- AIS Performance Recovery Resources - Sleep Fact Sheet - AIS
- IOC Injury Prevention App – Get Set Train Smarter - Apple Store
- myAISbasecamp - AIS
- Beyond the Black Line