Here you will find information about the Active Kids program in languages other than English.
- نشرة حقائق عن برنامج األطفال النشطاء Arabic
- 活跃儿童计划情况说明 Chinese (Simplified)
- 活躍兒童計劃情況說明 Chinese (Traditional)
- ΠΛΗΡΟΦΟΡΙΑΚΟ ΕΝΤΥΠΟ ΤΟΥ ΠΡΟΓΡΑΜΜΑΤΟΣ ΔΡΑΣΤΗΡΙΑ ΠΑΙΔΙΑ Greek
- ‘चुस्त बच्चे’ (ACTIVE KIDS) कार्यक्रम संबधं ी तथ्र्-पत Hindi
- 액티브 키즈 안내문 Korean
- ИНФОРМАТИВНЕ ЛИСТ ЗА ПРОГРАМАТА 'АКТИВНИ ДЕЦА' Macedonian
- HOJA INFORMATIVA DE ACTIVE KIDS Spanish
- ایکٹیو کڈز حقا ئق نامہ Urdu
- TỜ THÔNG TIN VỀ ACTIVE KIDS Vietnamese
The NSW Government will allocate $207 million over four years to establish Active Kids. Active Kids is a program to help NSW families meet the cost of getting their kids into sport and active fitness and recreation activities.
The initiative aims to reduce barriers to participation and help change the physical activity behaviours of children and young people in NSW.
Who is eligible to claim the voucher?
Every child (4.5 - 18 years’ old) enrolled in school from Kindergarten to Year 12 is eligible. This includes those who are home-schooled or enrolled in secondary school education at TAFE NSW.
The program is not means tested.
One voucher will be available for every child in the family annually over the next four years.
How long are vouchers valid?
The voucher can be used at any time during the calendar year it was issued.
Vouchers can only be used once (if the chosen activity fees are less than $100, then the remaining balance cannot be used).
What can the voucher be used for?
The voucher can be used for registration or membership fees for structured activities that are eight weeks or longer and provide a moderate to vigorous level of physical activity, for example:
- sporting pursuits
- swimming lessons
- structured fitness program
- outdoor education programs
- approved active recreation (dance etc)
- equipment ordinarily provided by the provider on registration for competition.
Physical activity is defined as movement involving large muscles (e.g. running, swimming, aerobic activity). Physical activity must be planned, structured and involve repetitive bodily movement which improves or maintains physical fitness.
To use the voucher, give the details to an approved sport or activity provider.
Please note that vouchers cannot be split between multiple clubs or registrations, and therefore you may not be able to claim the full $100.
What can’t the voucher be used for?
Vouchers cannot be used for individual items like jerseys, socks or boots that are not part of the registration cost.
Vouchers cannot be used for:
- programs that are less than 8 weeks’ duration
- gym membership that is not part of a structured program
- activities that are part of the school curriculum or conducted during school hours
- after-school care services and tutors
- school-run competitions, including weekend inter-school sport competitions or activities
- travel to and from competitions.
How do you download a voucher?
Parents, guardians and carers can apply for an Active Kids voucher through Service NSW. You will need the student’s Medicare card details to complete the transaction.
What if I registered for an activity or sport last year?
You won't receive a voucher for last year as the program commenced on 31 January 2018, but you can get a voucher for this year's activity or sport.
What happens if my child lives outside NSW?
To be eligible for a voucher, each child must reside in NSW.
The club or activity provider where the child registers must also be located and operating in NSW.
Some examples are:
|Parents/carers/guardians of children in rural or remote areas of NSW and/or children with disabilities who may not otherwise meet the above criteria may discuss their registration with the Office of Sport.|