The Penrith Lakes ‘catch and release’ fishing program is free* and great for families, beginners and experienced anglers.
Enter the Regatta Centre via Gate A, drive over the bridge and immediately turn left into the carpark. Look out for the friendly volunteers, introduce yourself, for first timers they will give you the rundown on the rules, tips and get you set for a great day by the water.
What you’ll learn
You can learn about freshwater fishing in our inland waterways. More specifically:
- How to fish for freshwater fish
- Rules and regulations of inland fishing
- Fishing conservation, ethics and environment
Note: These community fishing days are the only time that fishing is permitted in the lakes. Please follow any instructions that volunteers on the day give. They will let you know where you can / can't fish, and answer any other questions for you.
Your 'ready for fishing' checklist
- Be willing to release any fish you catch
- Rod, reel and barbless hooks
- Bait like corn, bread and / or worms (no live bait)
- Bring a chair, or rug for a little extra comfort
Note: Current NSW fishing licence required. Licence can be purchased online or in person via ServiceNSW. View fees at dpi.nsw.gov.au.