The perfect place to stay for school camps, community programs, and more
Midway between Dubbo, Orange and Parkes, Lake Burrendong Sport and Recreation Centre has accommodation for up to 200 guests and a variety of accommodation options to suit:
The fun never stops
From adventure challenges and water-based activities to bush outings and recreational fun, there’s plenty of non-stop action at a Lake Burrendong Sport and Recreation Centre camp. Choose from instructor-led activities such as archery, canoeing, grass skiing, rock climbing or challenge ropes course. Other activities include tennis, basketball and swimming. Self-contained groups of 20 or more can pre-book instructor-led activities. Group costs apply and activities are subject to availability.
- At height activities including challenge ropes course, flying fox, leap of faith, abseilling, indoor and outside rock climbing walls
- Aquatic activities including canoeing, kayaking, raft building, pool games such as water polo, slip'n'slide
- Bush and environmental activities including overnight bivouac, cook-out, campfire and damper making, bush walking, orienteering, fishing and bush craft
- Recreational activities including archery, mountain and BMX biking, fencing, grass skiing, traditional Indigenous games, team initiative course, paint balloon combat and low ropes.
- 25m swimming pool
- Tennis courts
- Volleyball courts
- BBQ area
- Recreation hall
- Playing fields
- Campfire circles
- Woodfire pizza oven.
A stone's throw
Just under five hours north-west of Sydney in Central West NSW, Lake Burrendong is a stone’s throw from:
- The award-winning Taronga Western Plains Zoo
- Mudgee’s famous wine district and gold fields
- The underground wonderland of Wellington Cave and Phosphate Mine
- The shade of a Coolabah tree at Burrendong Botanic Garden and Arboretum.
With its relaxed beauty and rural location, come and stay at Lake Burrendong Sport and Recreation Centre and discover why so many people keep coming back.