The Office of Sport is currently assessing the feedback received on the draft nine Regional Sport and Active Recreation Plans.
The draft plans represent the beginning of a new approach to collaborate, plan and deliver sport and active recreation across the state.
Each draft Regional Sport and Active Recreation Plan focuses on achieving six outcomes by undertaking a series of region and non-region specific strategies over the next decade.
These outcomes are:
- Increase the PARTICIPATION of adults and children in regular sport and active recreation;
- Improve ACCESS to sport and active recreation for everyone in the region, regardless of participant background or ability;
- Integrate PERFORMANCE PATHWAYS for participants in sport;
- Deliver fit for purpose FACILITIES in the region;
- Deliver sporting EVENTS which are valued by the region; and
- Improved COLLABORATION within the sport and active recreation sector.
The draft plans will guide resource allocation and investment across the state and provide a consistent basis for regional planning and delivery.
Each draft plan provides recommendations for activities that could be implemented in each region. They provide a list of possibilities which can be prioritised by each region’s Sport and Active Recreation Planning and Delivery group.
View the plans
Click your region below to access the relevant draft Regional Sport and Active Recreation Plan.
|Central Coast||Central West & Orana||Far West|
|Hunter||Illawarra Shoalhaven||New England and North West|
|North Coast||Riverina Murray||South East and Tablelands|
Phone: The Office of Sport, Sport and Recreation Services Group on 13 13 02