Good nutrition is essential for health and wellbeing.
Sporting clubs are the perfect setting to encourage healthy food and drink choices. By promoting good nutrition and stocking healthier options in the club canteen, kiosk or BBQ, you can create a positive healthy club culture that supports and assists players to perform their best.
Nutrition in sports clubs
- Nutrition Australia ACT – Healthy Food@Sport increasing healthy food and drink choices in sport canteens.
- Register with Finish with the Right Stuff and learn about healthy food and drink options you can promote at your club.
- Get tips and support from Good Sports.
Sports nutrition tips
- Find out about sports nutrition, including information on supplements, pre-event fuelling and post-event recovery, at Nutrition Australia.
- The Australian Institute of Sport also has a wide range of resources and the latest in strategies on sport nutrition for all levels of sport and exercise.
General nutrition and health
- Healthy Kids has practical tips on nutrition and physical activity as well as kid-friendly recipes and factsheets for families and children
- Eat for Health has the Australian dietary guidelines on what to eat and how much for optimum health and wellbeing
- Go for 2&5 is full of tips and recipes to get you eating more fruit and vegetables
- Make Healthy Normal is full of simple ideas, tips, recipes and exercises for healthier living.
- Clearinghouse for Sport can help connect people in sport to a world of ideas, experience and knowledge.