Effective meetings enhance your board’s decision-making processes and make it easier for the board to fulfil its obligations. Ineffective meetings never run to schedule, are poorly managed and often fail to reach resolution on decisions. As a rule, successful club board meetings:
- Are planned well in advance and a calendar of meeting dates are circulated to all board members
- Have board papers that are well-organised and distributed in a timely manner
- Are conducted in an orderly manner and involve all board members
- Are run by a chairperson who understands the legal and procedural requirements for the meetings
- Work through agenda papers that include items where discussion can lead to a clear resolution and which highlight important information.
Australian Sports Commission