About the Coloured Vest Program
Protecting officials from harassment and abuse is a high priority for sports clubs and associations.
The Coloured Vest Program (CVP) can help you reduce incidents. By simply having your beginner officials wear a coloured vest identifying them as in-training, you’ll help build greater understanding among players, parents, spectators and coaches.
- Beginner officials wearing a brightly coloured yellow vest with the slogan ‘in-training’
- Beginner officials being mentored by a club member, to assist with their training and management of any harassment incidents
- Club committees promoting CVP to members and visitors, so they understand what the yellow vest means.
Implementing CVP at your club/association
CVP is free and easy to implement:
- Identify the beginner officials and mentors you’d like to take part
- You will receive a CVP pack in the mail
- Tell club members and visitors about CVP
- Have the beginner officials wear vests while officiating.
What your CVP pack will include
5 CVP yellow vests (various sizes)
- 5 CVP lanyards
- 40 CVP cards to hand out to coaches, spectators and others at games
- Information folder – with posters and handouts for your CVP coordinator, mentors and beginner officials.
Get started today
To start the Coloured Vest Program at your club/association, register for free below.