Applications closed: 20 October 2017
All potential applicants are encouraged to regularly review the frequently asked questions to ensure that their application addresses the relevant requirements.
Also, check out five steps to writing a grant application.
The Office of Sport, assists the people of NSW participate in sport and active recreation.
Sport and active recreation deliver many personal and community benefits including developing self-esteem, maintaining health and fitness, nurturing talented athletes and contributing to individual enjoyment of life.
Sport and active recreation can also contribute to a range of government priorities including tackling childhood obesity and building safer communities.
About the Program
The Program aims to increase regular and on-going participation opportunities in sport and active recreation.
There are four project types within the Program:
- Sport Development
- Community Sport Events
- Sport Access
- Facility Development.
Applicants will be required to identify the type of project for which they are applying as different information is required for each project type. An organisation may apply for more than one project but must register separate projects for different project types. An organisation may apply only for one project under each project type.
The overall objectives of the Program are to:
- Increase regular and on-going participation in sport or structured physical activity.
- Address barriers to participation in sport or structured physical activity.
- Assist sport clubs provide quality service to their members.
Your project must address at least one of these objectives.
- Funding is available for projects throughout NSW
- $50,000 has been allocated for successful projects within each NSW electorate
- Applicant must identify the electorate where the project will occur
The maximum amounts available are:
- Sport Development - $2,000
- Community Sport Events - $5,000
- Sport Access - $5,000
- Facility Development - $20,000.
The minimum amount available is $250 for all project types with the exception being for facility development which has a minimum request of $1,000.
Organisations may apply for one project per project type. The maximum available to any one organisation is $25,000 in a financial year. The amount organisations request should reflect the scale of the project.
Organisations may only receive State Government funding once for the same project or component of a project from this program or any other State Government funded grant program.
Organisations must contribute to the project, the higher the contribution the more favourable it will be looked upon. This can be a financial contribution or through use of voluntary labour, donated materials and/or equipment or other resources directly related to the project. Third party organisations are also encouraged to contribute, including Local Government Authorities and these contributions will be counted as part of the club contribution.
Funding should be expended within 18 months of the date of signing the funding agreement.
Who is eligible to apply?
- Incorporated, not-for-profit grassroots sport clubs.
- Applications from Licenced Sporting Clubs may be considered providing the project directly benefits the sport and not the licenced premises.
- Applications may be considered from Sport Clubs associated with a school, church or university providing they are an incorporated not for profit club in their own right.
Who is ineligible to apply?
- Individuals, groups of individuals and unincorporated organisations
- Incorporated not-for-profit organisations that are not a sport club
- For profit, commercial organisations
- Organisations Limited by Shares
- Government departments and agencies
- Educational institutions including schools and their P & Cs, universities, TAFE, colleges and child care centres
- Local Government Authorities operating under the Local Government Act 1993
- Local Government Committees
- State Sporting Organisations
- National Sporting Organisations
What types of projects may be funded?
|Projects eligible to be funded for Sport Development include:||
|Projects eligible to be funded for Community Sport Events include:||
|Projects eligible to be funded for Sport Access include:||
|Projects eligible to be funded for Facility Development include projects at sporting clubs and facilities used by sports clubs that:||
Applications for all project types must clearly demonstrate an identified need for the project and articulate how the project outcomes will be achieved.
Documentation is required to be uploaded in the application for all Facility Development projects.
If you are not sure of the project type please contact Sport and Recreation on 13 13 02 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What costs will NOT be funded?
For all project types, the following costs will NOT be funded:
- Staff wages and administration costs
- Appearance fees, prize money and trophies
- Presentation functions
- Food and/or catering
- Medical equipment (defibrillators)
- Private or commercial ventures
- Events that are organised for the primary purpose of fundraising
- Charity fundraising events
- Council costs incurred in securing Development Approval
- Insurance (public liability, general liability, etc.)
- Projects that have already commenced or been completed
- Projects for the construction/upgrade of roads or carparks
- Purchase of land or rental of premises
- Purchase of office equipment (e.g. desktop computers, printers, photocopiers etc.)
- Projects not based in NSW
- Projects that are the responsibility of another Ministerial portfolio
- Subsidy for school sporting activities and events
- Travel to destinations outside of NSW.