The Mudgee Senior Athlete with a Disability Sportsmanship Award recognises good sportsmanship and participation for senior athletes with a disability during 2016.
Sporting club and association members are invited to nominate individual athletes with a disability who would be deserving of such an award.
Nominees can be nominated for their participation in non-competitive or service coordinated sport and active recreational activities.
To be eligible for the award the nominee must:
- Be at least 17 years of age as of 31 December 2016
- Have participated in the sport they are being nominated for during 2016
- Reside within the Mid-Western Regional Council area.
The winner will be awarded an individual trophy, and a perpetual trophy.
The winning athlete will be announced and presented at the annual Mudgee Sports Council Awards in February 2017.
How to nominate
To nominate your athlete with a disability, please complete the details below, and tell us in 200 words or less why your nominee is the most deserving Senior Athlete with a Disability Sportsmanship winner for 2016. This might include:
- The positive attitude they demonstrate at the club
- Being a good role model for others at the club
- Attending practice sessions with enthusiasm and energy
- Demonstrating excellent sportsmanship on and off the field.
Nomination closing date
Nominations must be lodged with the Sport and Recreation’s Orange Regional Office by 4:30 pm on 31 December 2016.
How to submit nominations
Or nominate online below.
- Nominations will only be accepted for individuals (i.e. not a whole team).
- Multiple entries from one club or association will be accepted.
- You may be contacted to provide further information if required.
- The additional club contact (you have provided) may be contacted to verify your nomination.
- The competition will be judged by an independent panel of staff from the Office of Sport, Sport and Recreation, Care West, Ability Links, and the Benevolent Society.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be notified by phone and mail.