- Nominations will only be accepted for individuals (i.e. not a whole team).
- An individual may be nominated for any team or individual sport and active recreation participation, including traditional competitive or non-competitive sport, school sport or P.E. lessons, disability service day program activities, group fitness or dance class participation.
- Multiple entries from one club or association will be accepted.
- You may be contacted to provide further information if required.
- The additional club contact (you have provided) may be contacted to verify your nomination.
- The competition will be judged by an independent panel of staff from the Office of Sport, Sport and Recreation, Care West, Ability Links, and the Benevolent Society.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be notified by phone and mail.
The Mudgee Junior Athlete with a Disability of the Year Award recognises good sportsmanship and participation for junior athletes with a disability during 2017.
Sporting club and association members are invited to nominate individual athletes with a disability who would be deserving of such an award.
The winner will be awarded a certificate, an individual trophy, and a perpetual trophy.
The winning athlete will be announced and presented at the annual Mudgee Sports Council Awards in February 2018.
Nominees can be nominated for their participation in non-competitive or service coordinated sport and active recreational activities. See entry rules for details.
To be eligible for the award the nominee must:
- Be less than 17 years of age by 31 December 2017
- Have participated in the sport they are being nominated for during 2017
- Reside within the Mid-Western Regional Council area.
How to nominate
To nominate your athlete with a disability, please complete the details below, and tell us why your nominee is the most deserving Junior Athlete with a Disability Sportsmanship winner for 2017. This might include:
• The positive attitude they demonstrate at the club
• Being a good role model for others at the club
• Attending practice sessions with enthusiasm and energy
• Demonstrating excellent sportsmanship on and off the field.
Nomination closing date
Nominations must be lodged with the Office of Sport, Orange Regional Office by 4:30 pm Thursday 30 November 2017.
Submit your nomination
Or nominate online below.