The Mudgee Disability Inclusion Sports Volunteer of the Year Award recognises sports club volunteers who make a significant contribution to including people with a disability into their club’s activities.
Sporting club and association members are invited to nominate individual volunteer(s) who would be deserving of such an award.
To be eligible for the award the nominee must:
- Have been a volunteer with the club or association during 2016.
- Reside within the Mid-Western Regional Council area.
The winner will be awarded an individual trophy, and a perpetual trophy.
The winner will be announced and presented at the annual Mudgee Sports Council Awards in February 2017.
How to nominate
To nominate your volunteer, tell us in 200 words or less why your nominee is the most deserving Disability Inclusion Sports Volunteer. This might include the:
- Time they dedicate to creating a positive sporting experience for people with a disability
- Positive attitude they demonstrate towards people with a disability within their club
- Efforts to attract more people with a disability to their club
- Expertise and knowledge they bring to including people with a disability
- Efforts and/or success in improving the disability access of facilities and/or equipment at the club
- Encouragement they give to others in the club or association to include people with a disability
Nomination closing date
Nominations must be lodged with the Sport and Recreation’s Orange Regional Office by 4:30 pm on 31 December 2016.
How to submit nominations
Or nominate online below.
- Nominations will only be accepted for individuals (i.e. not a whole committee).
- Multiple entries from one club or association will be accepted.
- You may be contacted to provide further information if required.
- The additional club contact (you have provided) may be contacted to verify your nomination.
- The competition will be judged by an independent panel of staff from the Office of Sport, Sport and Recreation, Care West, Ability Links, and the Benevolent Society.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be notified by phone and mail.