At the Office of Sport we are committed to delivering what we promise, trusting others and being trustworthy, owning our actions and decisions, and doing the right thing. We work with sector partners to promote and deliver a vibrant and valued sport and active recreation sector that enhances the lives of the people of NSW.
A Range Officer is based at the Sydney International Shooting Centre and provides assistance to the Range Supervisor to ensure that all range and related building infrastructure are appropriately maintained to ensure the safety, comfort and well-being of Venue clients.
- Maintain compliance with relevant standard operating procedures (SOP) and regulatory requirements relating to set-up of the facility and ranges, movements of firearms in and out of the armoury, registration of attendance by clients, receipt of fees and operation of targetry equipment
- Provide training and supervision of all activities on the ranges involving firearms
- Ensure procedures and work plans relating to range operations and maintenance are undertaken
- Perform regular maintenance inspections and conduct minor maintenance works
- Ensure cleaning of the range, targetry and firearms is undertaken
- Set up competition facilities, infrastructure, and equipment to ensure compliance with international standards
- Meeting the needs of the diverse group of customers of the Shooting Centre by ensuring that high safety standards are maintained
- Maintain ranges and targetry equipment to high standards to ensure the status of the venue as an elite sporting facility
- Current Firearms License (Class A and B), and ability to obtain Class H.
- Current NSW Class C Drivers Licence
- Ability to work weekends and evenings as required
- National Criminal Records Check
- Previous experience managing the activities occurring on a shooting range
- First aid qualification
How to apply
If you are interested in this role and would like to see what casual opportunities are available, please contact the Sydney International Shooting Centre.
Ongoing and temporary work opportunities are posted on I work for NSW.