If you have questions about this role, contact the Service Coordinator at your nearest Sport and Recreation Centre.
At the Office of Sport we are committed to delivering what we promise, trusting others and being trustworthy, owning our actions and decisions, and doing the right thing. We work with sector partners to promote and deliver a vibrant and valued sport and active recreation sector that enhances the lives of the people of NSW.
A Group Leader provides services such as engagement, supervision, liaison, and instruction to clients at Sport and Recreation Centres including participants in the Office of Sport’s holiday camp program. They facilitate selected activities on holiday camps and foster a positive, inclusive, safe, and fun environment for all participants.
Our Group Leaders are with the clients for their whole residential experience and will assist in meal times and getting from one activity to another. They provide the pastoral care for our young clients and ensure they have a wonderful experience. They get to see all the positive benefits of the camp and be part of it all.
- Delivering high level of customer service to a diverse range of clients
- Managing incidents that arise while on duty or on call including reporting
- Conducting activities in accordance with Office of Sport Standard Operating Procedures
- Maintaining effective communication with clients
- Maintaining a high standard of client service and safety including pastoral care for children participating in programs
- Adapting service delivery style to meet with the expectations of a diverse range of clients Maintaining up to date knowledge of Office of Sport operating procedures
- Current Working With Children Check (WWCC) Clearance for paid work
- National Criminal Records Check
- Ability to work overnight and on weekends
- Undertake on call responsibilities and reside onsite overnight
- Some experience in a leadership role
How to apply
If you are interested in this role and would like to see what casual opportunities are available, please contact your nearest Sport and Recreation Centre.
Ongoing and temporary work opportunities are posted on I work for NSW.