At the Office of Sport we are committed to delivering what we promise, trusting others and being trustworthy, owning our actions and decisions, and doing the right thing. We work with sector partners to promote and deliver a vibrant and valued sport and active recreation sector that enhances the lives of the people of NSW.
The Customer and Event Assistant provides high level customer service and client liaison coordination of site operations during programs and events to a diverse range of clients to ensure customer satisfaction and adherence to site rules.
- Maintain a high standard of operational service and effective communication with clients to understand and respond to their needs
- Perform all on-site activities during events; this could include operational support, assisting with traffic flow and parking, distributing resources, setting up and packing up of event related equipment and operating plant and equipment as required
- Undertake administrative tasks, including attending to telephone enquiries, providing site and event information, accurate data entry and taking fees where required
- Ensure supplies are maintained and available to customers through routine monitoring, reporting of supply levels and housekeeping as required
- Engage with team members to foster teamwork and continuous improvement in service delivery
- Conduct activities and operate plant and machinery in accordance with agency procedures and policies, including child protection and work, health and safety, food handling and money handling
- Prioritising a range of work tasks given conflicting needs of the diverse group of clients, limited resources and allocated deadlines
- Ensuring weekday and weekend availability to address issues that require immediate attention such as client emergencies, and flexibility around event schedules
- Continually develop a client-focused culture within the agency
- Ability to work weekends and evenings as required
- National Criminal Records Check
- Current Working With Children Check (WWCC) Clearance
- Previous experience in events
- Current NSW Class C Drivers Licence
- First aid qualification
How to apply
If you are interested in this role and would like to see what casual opportunities are available, please contact Jindabyne Sport and Recreation Centre.
Full time work opportunities are posted on iworkfor.nsw.gov.au.