If you have questions about this role, contact the Service Coordinator at your nearest Sport and Recreation Centre.
At the Office of Sport, we are committed to delivering what we promise, trusting others and being trustworthy, owning our actions and decisions, and doing the right thing. We work with sector partners to promote and deliver a vibrant and valued sport and active recreation sector that enhances the lives of the people of NSW.
A Service Officer supports the maintenance and asset management of the Office of Sport in the overall physical maintenance of a Sport and Recreation Centre. The role is practical, physical and dynamic in nature. Duties include lawn mowing, snipping, gardening, swimming pool maintenance and minor building repairs. The role is competency based where your ability to complete various tasks required for the job are assessed once you begin in the role.
Service Officers are managed by the Service Coordinator, who at most sites also manages the Catering team. The Service Coordinator is part of the broader management team for each Sport and Recreation Centre.
- Conduct planned and reactive maintenance of the Centre’s physical assets i.e. grounds, buildings, equipment, pools and facilities ensuring compliance to work health and safety guidelines and procedures.
- Provide logistical support to Centre programs by assisting with hospitality and kitchen duties and maintenance (occasional construction) of program related plant and equipment
- Comply with relevant regulations and standards in the conduct of work activities
- Managing competing tasks across a number of functional areas e.g. maintenance, catering, program
- Responding to unplanned situations as they occur including potential emergencies
- Current Class C drivers licence
- Current Working with Children Check (WWCC) Clearance
- National Criminal Records Check
- New appointees will be assessed within 3 months of appointment against the competencies required for the level to which they were appointed. These competencies are contained in the Crown Employees (Office of Sport – Services Officers) Award.
- Some experience in ground and building maintenance
- Trade and practical qualification will be highly valued
How to apply
If you are interested in this role and would like to see what casual opportunities are available, please contact your nearest centre.
Full time work opportunities are posted on iworkfor.nsw.gov.au.