If you have questions about this role contact the Service Coordinator at your nearest Sport and Recreation Centre.
At the Office of Sport we are committed to delivering what we promise, trusting others and being trustworthy, owning our actions and decisions, and doing the right thing. We work with sector partners to promote and deliver a vibrant and valued sport and active recreation sector that enhances the lives of the people of NSW.
A Catering Officer is responsible for preparing and cooking meals for visitors participating in the various Sport & Recreation Centre’s programs. Catering Officers must adhere to a strict timetable, providing special dietary requirements, maintaining the kitchen and equipment and the preparation of food orders and menus. You ensure visitors receive nutritious meals while maintaining a high quality service and quantity control.
Catering Officers are managed by the Services Coordinator or Catering Coordinator at each Sport and Recreation Centre. These Coordinators are part of the broader management team at the Centre.
If you are excited by the idea of catering for a large group of children one week and athletes the next, then this is the place to work.
- Prepare food i.e. produce edible meals from raw materials, ensuring hygiene, quantity and quality control
- Undertake stock control, rotating stock according to the expiry date, ordering of goods from suppliers and monitoring the quality of goods received
- Clean and maintain the kitchen, kitchen equipment, and all the food storage rooms to ensure compliance with hygiene and food handling safety regulations.
- Ensure the kitchen operates efficiently and meets safety standards
- Preparing high quality meals to suit a variety of client dietary needs
- Enabling flexibility in catering to meet program delivery priorities (e.g. Changes in timetable, pre-packaging of food for consumption off site)
- Meeting strict timetable requirements for meal times
- Current Working With Children Check (WWCC) Clearance
- National Criminal Records Check
- Some experience in largescale commercial catering
How to apply
If you are interested in this role and would like to see what casual opportunities are available, please contact your nearest centre.
Full time work opportunities are posted on iworkfor.nsw.gov.au.