About the Office of Sport
The Office of Sport is an executive agency related to the Department of Premier and Cabinet.
The Office of Sport is responsible for a broad range of services and facilities that support and enrich the lives of people and communities across NSW.
The Office of Sport consists of the following divisions and entities:
- Sport and Recreation supports the sector through grants to sports bodies for facilities and programs and delivers sport, recreation and education programs. There are 11 Sport and Recreation Centres and 9 regional offices across NSW providing a chance for people of all ages to be active, enjoy the outdoors, develop skills and participate in the community. Sport and Recreation also administer the Sydney International Equestrian, Shooting and Regatta Centres based in Western Sydney.
- Venues NSW was established in 2012 to manage government owned sporting and entertainment venues in the Hunter, Western Sydney and Illawarra.
- Sydney Olympic Park Authority has a diverse role in oversighting and developing the Sydney Olympic site, ensuring it continues to be an active and vibrant town centre within metropolitan Sydney and a premier destination for cultural, entertainment, recreation and sporting events.
- Office of Penrith Lakes manages the NSW Government’s interests in completion of the Penrith Lakes Scheme by Penrith Lakes Development Corporation and the staged transfer of land to Government ownership. It is also responsible for developing a long term vision for the parklands including operational, funding and future governance arrangements.
- NSW Institute of Sport (NSWIS) provides world class facilities, services and sport programs to elite and emerging athletes across NSW.
- Sydney Cricket and Sports Ground Trust is responsible for managing two of Australia’s special sports venues – the Sydney Cricket Ground and Allianz Stadium. Together these two grounds form a central sports precinct of international standing that includes a sports museum, member fitness centre and club facilities.